Friday, August 21, 2009

Here's to Red Eye Flights and Denny's Coffee

I have arrived.

Day one in Costa Rica.

So far I have had two experiences: 1) taking a taxi to Denny's 2) sitting in Denny's writing emails and sipping unlimited coffee.

I'm sorry if that sounds lame. It kind of feels lame too. But I guess beginnings aren't always as glamorous as you want them to be. I am getting picked up by a bus at 1:00 pm. That means I have four more hours to drink coffee and kill time before things start to get interesting.

P.S. Costa Rica is about 10 years behind in the music scene. So far the soundtack to my Denny's adventure has consisted of Brittney Spears, Christina Aguillera, and "Give it to me baby, uh huh uh huh". Oh the culture shock....

P.P.S. The view outside my airplane window this morning revealed an incredibally gorgeous country. Everything is alive with vibrancy and color. Rust red rivers meander through emerald hills, ending unceremoniously into a glassy sea. Bulbous white clouds pose gracfully against a flattering backdrop of smog-free sky. I'm definitely not in Southern California anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment