Saturday, October 10, 2009

¡Vamos a las Montañas!

Buenas!!!

Another week has flown by already and I find myself, dizzy with the speed of life, tossed in the middle of a brand new weekend. Far from relaxing, this weekend promises to be fast paced and filled with new experiences. Yet again I travel. Last weekend, it was an excursion to the beautiful Caribbean: land of pristine beaches, Bob Marley worshippers, ex-pats and scurvy pirate scum. (See facebook for an explosion of fotografías.... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=117593&id=584994219). This weekend, I forsake the allure of masterfully sculpted waves and sparkling sands. Instead, I flee to the Costa Rican mountains. Well, one of them anyways- Cerro de la Muerte (literally, ¨Hill of the Dead"). Hopefully the trip will conclude on a happier note than the Mountain´s name seems to imply. If not, the good news is I am traveling with my Tropical Ecology class, and chances are at least a few of us will survive to tell the tale.

Well, time is closing in on me yet again, and the numbers on my heinously abused $6 Target watch are telling me that I need to go finish packing my bag. ¡Adios a todos! If I go to join the muerte of the mountain, feel free to donate my meager possessions to the charity of your choice.

Tengan Paz.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog. You have such a way with words my dear!!!
    Hope you survive!

    ReplyDelete